The following statement discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
Information Automatically Logged
This site may log your IP address to help diagnose problems with the web server and to administer this website. This information is primarily used for general traffic tracking and security.
If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties.
This site allows visitors to sign up for a free newsletter by providing an email address. The email address you provide is used only to send you the free newsletter, and you can unsubscribe by clicking a link in any issue of the newsletter. This site does not share, sell or rent the email address of its subscribers to third parties.
This site contains links to other sites. This site and its owner(s) are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control.
How We Use Information
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
– Engage in customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
– Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Services, understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Services, customize and tailor Service content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback to our vendors, advertisers and other third parties. Your personal information is never shared with third parties. What we share is statistics in terms of volumes, profiles and tendencies.
How We Disclose Information
General Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Your Information:
– To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
– To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential. Your email address IS NOT part of the information shared. We might share IP addresses, for example, as the location of our visitors may influence what kind of advertising third parties display in this website;
– As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
– As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
– If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
– To enforce or protect our rights;
– To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your information and de-indentify it either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-identifying your information). We reserve the right to share, loan, rent, sell, or otherwise
disclose such de-identifying information to third parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Sharing with Friends
Circumvention of Security Measures
caused by an unauthorized third-party’s ability to view, use or disseminate your information.
We specifically and expressly reserve the right to disclose, lease, sell, assign or transfer your information collected through our Services, and any of our databases, together with any personally identifiable information contained in such databases, to third parties in connection with a Business Transfer. A “Business Transfer” means a share or asset sale, acquisition, merger, consolidation, reorganization, spin-off, bankruptcy or other corporate change involving us and/or our affiliates, even if the Business Transfer
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website.
Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
User Generated Content
We offer publicly accessible blogs and other interactive media through our Services. To request removal of your information from our blog, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove Your Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
– Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data and other similar communications essential to your transactions through our Services) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of every email we send. The removal process is automatic and effective immediately.
– Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
Links to Third-Party Websites
Third Party Widgets and Plug-ins
Operation of our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Services or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Affiliate earnings disclosure
There may occasionally be products or services offered on this site from which we receive a commission if you make a purchase. Advertising may also be sold on the site, but we will not receive commissions for any sales through those marketing pieces.
Endorsing products in exchange of a sales commission is a common practice of blogs and websites such this to help us support our activities and provide you with the our best content.
Please note that we have not been given any free products, services or anything else by these companies in exchange for mentioning them on the site. We only endorse products and services that our team has tested and approved.
Last updated on May, 31st 2015.